Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Babysitting Aston for Dummies

It's been a while since hubby and I went for a holiday.  Well actually our last holiday was when I was only 5 months pregnant with Aston.  Geez....time does really fly! Aston is now 9 months old! Anyway, hubby's aunt from Singapore is in town for the Christmas holidays and hubby offered to send her back to Singapore  and take it as a chance to bring Aston on an overseas road trip.

After much thought, I've decided not to bring Aston along and have our post baby holiday instead.  I hinted to hubby that it's going to be a holiday where we are going to catch up on all the lost "woo hoo" time in the bedroom.  Oops too much information there! Anyway, hubby's eyes got big and he agreed without much hesitation.  Well frankly I am also looking forward to this "woo hoo" holiday of mine that I splurge on the hotel that cost a whooping RM1000+ a night.  Yes, you got that right and with RM1K a night is not even a presidential suite mind you.  Oh well, after consulting a girl friend of mine who is an expert in luxury hotels especially in Singapore I thought to myself that it will be money well spent.  I told hubby that this will be a once in a lifetime experience for both of us.  I can't wait for tomorrow because tomorrow night I will be sleeping in a 5 star hotel in Singapore that comes with a butler service!

Now...back to Aston.  My mum offered to babysit Aston while we go for our holiday.  Tomorrow will be the first night Aston sleeping over at grandmama's condo.  Deep down I can't let go.  It's a catch 22 really.  One hand I can't wait for my "woo hoo" trip but the other hand I can't let go of my son! Everyone asked why just one night.  Even hubby asked why not make it two nights.  I told hubby No 1 I can't afford another night in the hotel.  No 2 I miss my son.  I told hubby if I can enjoy this trip then we can plan for another longer trip that is also provided that grandmama is OK with the babysitting.

Anyway, I am so worried for grandmama and for Aston that I actually email grandmama a schedule hopefully everything will go smooth during the day.  The guide to babysitting Aston as follows:-


7.30am  Wake up
             Feed Aston 180ml** milk
             Change Diaper

8.00am  Walk around the garden 

8.20am  Aston Watch Brainy Baby Dvd
             I will shower / boil his porridge / prepare his breakfast

9.20am  Feed Aston breakfast (cereal mix with 2oz** milk (should be about same consistency as porridge.  If too thick please add water.  If too runny mix in some mashed fruit) + small portion of mashed fruit (eg banana/papaya/apple/pear/golden kiwi without seeds)

10.00am Morning nap for Aston (he usually will fall asleep between 10.30-11.00)

11.30am Wake up
              Change Diaper 

12.30pm  Feed Aston Lunch (porridge)^

1.00pm-3.30pm Playtime

4.00pm   Feed Aston 180ml** milk
              Afternoon nap for Aston 

5.30pm   Wake up
             Bath time

6.00pm  Feed Aston Dinner (porridge)^

6.30-9.00pm  Playtime

9.00pm  Feed Aston 210ml** milk
             Change Diaper
             Bedtime* (he usually fall asleep between 9.30-10pm)

*Tip: Off the lights leaving a night light or pitch black is fine with him.  Try to keep the room as quiet as possible.  Soft music is fine.

** Note:180ml water = 6 flat scoops of milk powder
            210ml water = 7 flat scoops of milk powder
            2oz water = 2 flat scoops of milk

^ Please include either one meal red cabbage in the porridge each day.

I know I sound like some control freak but I cannot help it.  I know for a fact that if Aston's routine is disturbed even if it's caused by Aston himself he will be one cranky baby the whole day!

Fingers cross everything will go smoothly !!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !!!



              
            

No comments:

Post a Comment