Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Romantic Night to Remember......

Last Friday, mummy got stood up by one of my girlfriends for dinner at the very last minute.  Yes! Let me reiterate it was one of my GIRLFRIENDS (you know who you are!) and it was VERY LAST MINUTE.  It was so LAST MINUTE till any minute later I received the call I would be out of the house! So, my GIRLFRIEND you OWE me a cup of hot Chai Latte and a slice of cake somewhere with COOL weather preferably.

Anyway, so since my dinner and gossip plans went out the window, I came crawling back to daddy to be my partner for the night.  I mean it is Friday night afterall and Aston was well taken care off by grandmama!  Well, to prove my love to daddy that he's not my standby partner, I made all the plans and I decided to try out one of the "Chef Creations by UOB".  We were contemplating either to have it in Daily Grind in Bangsar Village or Prego in Westin.  Mind you all the set menu is only RM168++ per COUPLE.  I must admit, I do like finest things in life and this include food so in my heart I was rooting for Prego.  I asked daddy does he prefer Burger or 450g of Angus Beef and I actually answered on behalf of daddy and said Angus Beef and straight away I called up to make reservations.  Luck was by my side, and we manage to get a reservation in Prego and to top it off we were expecting really bad traffic to town but surprise surprise we were there in 30minutes! Phew, otherwise the Angus beef is going to be a buffalo because daddy will be so mad.

So, we were all smiles all the way to town, dropped off the car at the valet and walked into Prego and I totally forgotten to take any photos from there on.  So, I can only describe what happen next unfortunately.

We were taken to our table with special "Chef Creations" menu on our table.  We ordered a bottle of stilled water and a loaf of bread was served with tomato salsa.  The bread was so good that the both of us could have just finish the whole loaf but we stopped half way.  We ordered our food and this is what we had:-

Barbequed Quail, Fig Vinegar, Grapes, Pecorino Pepato and Thyme
***
Chargrilled Yellowfin Tuna, Borlotti Beans, Salsa Verde (Mummy)
450g Angus Grain-Fed T Bone Steak, Ortiz Anchovy Butter (Daddy)
***
White Chocolate Panna Cotta, Coffee Caramel, Coffee Praline

Daddy loved the steak so much that he completely ignored the Ortiz Anchovy Butter because he said the butter overpower the beef.  The beef was really juicy and tender and it was cooked to perfection.  As for mummy, the fish was not too bad too with very tasty beans.  However, I must say the texture of the fish does resembles a little bit like chicken so it's really filling.  I couldn't finish my portion.  As for dessert, I loved the Panna Cotta but I couldn't finish it not because it's not good but I'm just too full and we wanted to have coffee to end the night.  Daddy said the coffee praline was really good too.  It leaves our mouth a nice coffee aroma hence we ended up having tea instead of coffee.  We ordered a pot of lychee rose tea to share. I remembered the last time I had lychee tea was when I was studying high school in Perth! Such sweet memory.  We thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

I complete my night by watching episodes after episodes of One Tree Hill Season 9.  Yeah...can never get enough of teen series.  Gossip girls are Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment