Friday, April 22, 2011

Full Time Mama??

While I was still pregnant friends kept asking whether I could handle being a full time mum and my answer was always YES! Why Not? Perhaps judging from my character where I must say I'm not entirely a homely person... girlfriends of mine have doubts that I will be able to handle it.  Some said I will be bored.. while some said I will just go outright crazy and my husband thinks I will be a typical 'Aunty' being out of the society.

Well, this whole week I've been taking care of Aston alone while hubby went to work and as days goes by I feel more reluctant to return to work.  The satisfaction of taking care of my son there's just no words to describe it.  Of course there are hours where I felt helpless but the moment I overcome it I felt tired but with a great deal of satisfaction.

I must say life is pretty much a routine day in day out.  Although I must say till date I've yet to bath him and cut his fingernails.  I've left this two precious moments for daddy to have some man to man bonding.

8am       Change diapers & feed & put him to sleep
10am     Change diapers & bath (if daddy can wake up early) & feed & put him to sleep
1230pm Change diapers & tummy time (if Aston's in the mood) & feed & put him to sleep
430pm  Change diapers & tummy time (if earlier didn't manage to) & feed & put him to sleep
730pm  Change diapers & play & feed & put him to sleep

Usually around 7.30 -8.00 when he wakes up from his sleep things will be a bit cuckoo in the house.  After going through the same routine ie. change & feed he will refused to sleep and not in the mood to play.  At times he will sleep for one hour or so and wakes up cranky and he will maintain he's foul mood till midnight most of the days.  Usually when daddy comes home around 9-ish, after he freshen up he will take over and try put him to sleep while I'll try to catch up on my sleep and express breast milk.  Then the routine will start again depending on what time is the last feed.  A typical routine will be

3am Change diapers & feed
5am Change diapers & feed

And the cycle continues again at 8am.  Well, as for mummy's time I'll freshen up after I put him to sleep at 10am while daddy will also go out to get us brunch and my dinner.  After that, I'll switch on the radio to relax and logged into facebook and MSN while google-ing to see what better ways I can handle Aston especially when he's cranky or what is Aston's development etc.  At about 4.00pm I'll express milk and by 5.30pm I'll start to heat up my dinner and eat while watching TVB.  Ahhh what a life until I hear a cry and reality sets in again!

Well, judging from the above the only drawback is when will I ever get my Chai Latte from Coffee Bean and gossip sessions??? What happen to having dinner with friends follow by drinks? Will my social life be like before? I certainly hope so as I seriously do not want to lose that part of me but if perhaps I have a helper to take care of Aston then perhaps I can still have my social life back but if I have a helper and I am able to go out why not continue work?? So the question remains as full time mama or working mama?

1 comment:

  1. I SUPPORT Full Time Mama with Lots of Fun & Social Time!!!!

    NICE!

    ReplyDelete