Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Aston's Progress @ 8months

Lately, I'm on a lazy mummy mode that's why it took me so long to finally update Aston's progress.  All the free time I have during the day I've dedicated to Astro on Demand (AOD).  Yes! I've turned into one of those stay at home mums who just watches TVB dramas all day long.  I must admit I salute mums who manage to actually keep up to date with the episodes while taking care of a child or a few of them.  I personally find it hard to keep up especially with AOD as the timing of the episodes are fixed and everytime when the episode that I'm looking for starts Aston is either awake or cranky.  So I will spend whole day chasing episodes after episodes especially when we first got it installed as the show that was being broadcasted was near ending so imagine I had like 25 episodes to catch up! Now is all good because a new series just started and Yes I'm now awaiting for the new episode to start tonight! This is how updated I am with my dramas!

Back to Aston, he's a big boy now.  Everytime I carry him to have his bath I will surely comment while carrying and kissing his cheeks telling him that he's my "big baby".  Daddy said this comment is a classic mummy's boy (ie a mother who will never let go of her son).  He's grown so much now that I can hardly carry him to wash his hair but I still want to do it until the day he really retaliates.  Now I still am able to control him while washing his hair but I think in another month or so I won't be able to do it anymore.  He's also able to sit on his own unsupported for a very long time and recently he manage to manoeuvre himself from lying down on his tummy to a sitting position.  He's also able to crawl just a few tiny steps to the front to grab a toy but he will not move anywhere else if he's gotten what he needs around him.  I can't wait for him to start crawling everywhere in the house to explore.  I know it's going to be tough chasing him around but I'm sure he will be happy once he knows how to do it.

Aston is still having 2 solid meals a day with 3 milk feeds.  I have yet to introduce him to any meat.  Still introducing him vegetables and fruits.  I think I will start introducing him white meat after going for a check up on the 16th December.  However, these few nights he woke up in the middle of the night and refused to return to slumberland until I feed him his milk.  So, today I started giving him 3 solid meals a day with 3 milk feeds.  Let's see how tonight goes! Hopefully, it's really due to hunger that he's awake in the middle of the night and not just being a rascal.

At 7 months he was being introduced to the below 10 fruits & vegetables.  At 8 months, mummy slacked a bit because she ran out of ideas on what to introduce to him so mummy started mix and match.  The ones in bold are what's being newly introduced this month.  Mummy also started cutting the vegetables into small pieces for the porridge instead of using puree.  The porridge does taste better but mummy have to be very careful as sometimes the vegetables are not soft enough especially carrots, onions & potato.


1. Sweet potato
 2. Broccoli
 3. Pumpkin
 4. Cauliflower
 5. Avocado (he hates it)
 6. Banana
 7. Apple
 8. Baby Spinach
 9. Potato
10.Pear
11. Papaya
12. Cabbage
13. Lettuce
14. Peas (hardly giving now because can't seem to blend into smooth consistency)
15. Golden Kiwi (without seeds)
16. Yellow Capsicum
17. Yellow Onions
18. Carrots
19. Yellow Squash


Here are some photos of Aston at 8 Months
My two front teeth

I can sit steadily and bite the teether

I am 8 months old today and we went to the immigration department to pick up my passport!

Daddy & Aston having fun infront of the ipad



No comments:

Post a Comment