Friday, November 15, 2013

Dress Up Day @ School

Aston started nursery in July.  So far I'm quite satisfied with the teachers and the school.  Most importantly Aston enjoys going to school.  Well, in the morning he just have to create trouble.   He refuse to dress up quickly and he will give the excuse that he wants to play with his toys, but eventually he will asked to be dress up to go to school.  When school ends he refuse to go home.  Again, he said he wants to play with the "truck".   According to his teacher during play time usually he doesn't get a chance to play with the "truck" because it's usually occupied by his classmates.  Teacher said that he will forgo and play something else.  Not aggressive in nature which I'm so proud.  

So far, Aston had attended two dress up days.  One for Hari Raya cum Merdeka and the other for Deepavali.  Both days students were encouraged to dress up in their respective cultural attire or any cultural attire is also fine.  The school organised a little party whereby they introduced them to traditional snacks and they will have activities relating to the celebration.  For Hari Raya, parents require to prepare some snacks or drinks.  The school prepared some Raya cookies and some parents even brought Roti Jala.  I've chose to bring fruits.  As for Deepavali, the school prepared some putu mayam and iddli.

I still remembered I couldn't think of what to let Aston wear for his first party in school.  I was contemplating whether to buy him a set of Baju Melayu only to realise that they are quite pricey for a one time wear! I doubt it can last till next year.  So as I was trying to search online for cheaper alternatives I suddenly had this idea and this is what Aston wore for Hari Raya.

Inside white singlet by Fiffy, Shirt from Zara given by Aunty Chris and Sarong sew by Grandmama

And this is what my fruits skewers look like....


As for Deepavali daddy bought a set of Kurta Pyjama.  ( I think that's what they call them).  It comes with a set of top, pants, vest, and a shawl and because we bought it one day before Deepavali in Brickfields all that cost only RM30! What a bargain!  Anyway,  the whole set was a bit big for Aston but I find the top was OK except for the sleeves as it was a bit long which we can fold it up.  So, I had this brilliant idea again.  I only dress him up with the top and pair it with his own jeans and keep the rest of the attire for next year!

Aston end up not putting on the shawl.  

Doesn't he look so grown up in this photo? Missing my little baby already!




No comments:

Post a Comment