Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday in Hong Kong with Hubby and Baby --- Day 1

One day after dinner hubby gave me an ultimatum about our holiday plans.  Actually, he has been bugging me to plan for a holiday but I was too lazy to plan.  I would rather be the follower instead.  But anyway, since I'm already in my 5th month of my pregnancy hubby said in a stern voice "I don't care we are leaving next month...pick a destination and plan for it" Of course then he continue if we don't go now we won't be able to go till baby is at least 2 years old.  I guess that really hit me coz I love my holidays!! So, me being very worried with getting DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and also worried about being pregnant and on the plane I thought better not go tooooo far... so I decided Hong Kong. 

We took the Cathay Pacific package which includes:-

1. Return air ticket (economy class of course)
2. Hotel (we choose Royal Plaza Hotel in Mong Kok)
3. Return airport transfer
4. Half day city tour

So, anyway the hotel was very good.  Somehow they upgraded us to a deluxe room AND free broadband connection too! Anyway, I was a little dissapointed with the weather in HK as I was expecting winter-ish weather but the temperature was way too high to be in winter.  On top of that it was very hazy!

After checking in, we started exploring so the first thing is to figure out how to get to Mongkok MTR station.  Oh yes by the way our hotel is actually situated on top of Mongkok East MTR station which takes us no where! But, we've been told is about 10mins walk to the Mongkok MTR station and our walking holiday begins......

First stop was to go to Mido Cafe for polo buns but unfortunately, I forgot to take down which exit from to get out from once I reach the Yau Ma Tei station... so we just took a guess.  We were walking and walking and walking and guess what we found Temple Street! So we were very proud of ourselves for finding that.  Anyway, we continue walking and walking and finally we found Mido Cafe but by the time we got there the polo buns were all sold out! So we decided to return to the cafe another day.

So we continue walking, and stumble upon this Beef Noodle Shop which looks quite good.  Chris ordered a beef noodle and I ordered their Wanton Soup.  OMG the beef noodle was really good and so is the Wanton!  The noodles was really springy and tasty and the beef is so tender! As for the Wanton they serve one prawn in each Wanton...



Then I thought ooooh HK food is really good!  So with a satisfied meal, we continue strolling on the street and found a stall selling more street food ie. curry fish balls...cheung fun... etc...So we decided to try the curry fish balls and the cheung fun and sigh what a disspointment compared to the noodles that we had! The fish balls were so tiny and the curry well very obvious is just curry powder and water! As for the cheung fun is tasteless..




After that, both of us noticed that we were very thirsty... hmm sign of MSG in the food? Anyway, we continue walking and went to a newly opened dessert shop.  Chris ordered a set of tong sui (almond, red bean and black sesame) and I ordered a mango souffle.  I would rate my dessert 8/10. 




After all that, I told Chris I think we have to stop eating coz I felt like I'm going to explode! Anyway, it's time that we take the Mtr to Tsim Sha Shui for the Symphony of Lights which starts at 8pm every night.  So, we manage to find a spot to see the lights but somehow we didn't manage to see where's the avenue of stars!! It's suppose to be in the same place!  Anyway, after the light show we decided to call it a night as we have an early start for Day 2 and plus after all that walking we were very tired already! But after shower and all we decided to have supper that's when I had my french toast and milk tea and chris ordered pork chop rice.  The french toast was good as they provide us with lots of honey while the pork chop rice was clearly over tenderised.  Overall, is OK. 

1 comment:

  1. the mango souffle looks........... deliciousssss..... yumyum

    ReplyDelete