Saturday, February 12, 2011

34 Weeks & 6 Days

Frankly, I've been starting to count down to D-Day.  We are getting so excited preparing for the arrival of our son.  Even though I'm not sure what to expect on D-Day but like my mum said all women go through it! So I'm quite sure I can go through it without any problems! I have also decided that epidural will be my last resort.  I sincerely hope that I do not have a pro-long labour.

If the EDD is correct, in 5 weeks time we should be able to meet our son and our sleepless nights will begin.  Today, we went to Pantai Hospital for check up.  It was a long long wait but after looking at the ultrasound is all worth the wait.  Doctor said everything is going very well.  Baby is growing at the rate that he should be weighing about 2.3kg.  The ultrasound shows that the head is facing downwards towards my pubic area but still not engaged yet.  The legs are right where my ribs are! No wonder it gets so uncomfortable when he starts to move..but everytime he moves I will always have a smile on my face because I know that he's doing well and he's just trying to stretch.  It is getting a bit cramp in there.  Doctor was also explaining to us when should we check in for labour.  She told us that every now and then I will feel my belly tightening.  The tightening will last about 45 seconds or so and it is not painful.  She assured us that there's nothing to be worry about.  We should start timing it when the tightening is consistently painful because is a sign that labour is beginning.  She mentioned that if the tightening/contraction is 10mins apart we should be heading to the hospital.  Doctor also mentioned that, some women may bleed which we call it a show.  She also reassured us that is no big deal.  She told us that only to go to the hospital if it is accompanied with contraction.  Nevertheless, if we are unsure, we can still go to the hospital and get the mid wife to strap us up and she will be able to determine whether am I in labour or otherwise.  The last thing that might happen is when the waterbag pops.  She even explained that when the waterbag breaks is a continuous trickle down our legs and really wet.  When this happen is best that we check into the hospital as once the waterbag breaks and if labour is still not coming along we may need to be induced to prevent any infection.

After today's check up it is very clear that I may be in labour anytime soon! Hubby even started packing my runaway bag.  Time really flies.... not sure to be worried or excited for labour!

No comments:

Post a Comment