Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Hate Constipation!!

Last Tuesday I had a very dramatic episode in the toilet.  It will be one of those moments which I will never forget and I wish that it will never happen to me again! As some of you probably aware... I've been having constipation throughout my pregnancy.  It was very much better especially during the 2nd trimester all the way till recently where I have difficulties again....

Anyway, just went I wanted to update my blog last Tuesday I had the urge to go to the loo to do "big business".  I was happy because I couldn't go for the last 2 days.  So just went I thought finally I can go without much strained....boy was I wrong! The stools were so hard that after the whole ordeal I knew I was bleeding. 

Instantly, I panic and didn't know what to do.  Hubby was out with his friends so I didn't have anyone to get reassurance from.  So I just shut down the computer and lie on the bed thinking what are the possibilities that it will affect my son.  Anyhow, I did really strained myself in the loo.  All sorts of weird thoughts came to mind.  I went to the toilet to double check again and there were still pinkish spotting on the tissue.  I thought OK maybe it will heal by tomorrow.  I told hubby about it when he came home.  He even asked me if I needed to go to the hospital.  I told him that I'm not in pain so I said to give it another day and decide from there.

Yesterday, while at work the spotting was on and off.  I even checked with a friend to get some reassurance since she's an experienced mother.  She said there shouldn't be anything to worry about and suspect that I could be having haemorrhoids.  Anyway, I thought by today the spotting should stop.... unfortunately this morning I still see it.

I even double checked again before calling the doctor and there were still blood stains on the tissue.  I called the clinic and wanted to speak to the dr but she was with a patient.  The nurse was very kind to ask whether I wanted to leave a message for a doctor.  I told her that I am bleeding and would like to speak to the doctor.  She asked if I am pregnant and I said yes.  She told me that in that case the doctor would usually like to see the patient personally and the nurse was very kind to offer me to go in without an appointment (my appointment was supposed to be tomorrow) and she said she will slot me in when I arrive. 

I woke hubby up this morning and told him that about the doctor's appointment and asked whether he can accompany me to the clinic.  He agreed and we left the house about 9.15am.  When we arrived we were so lucky to find a parking right infront of the clinic and there were no patient when I went in.  As usual, I took my urine test and immediately went in to the doctor's room and explained my situation.  She took my weight and check on our baby.  Thank goodness, everything is fine.  Placenta is not low which is a good sign and baby heartbeat is normal.  He is growing according to schedule so what a relief! Anyway, he's head is still not 'engaged' yet according to the doctor and he is 36weeks and 4 days today.  Doctor said she will check on my vagina and may need to do a swab test which is painless.

She said couldn't see any bleeding, but saw there's a lot of white discharge and it could potentially be an infection.  So she did a swab test and it wasn't painless!! Either that region down there is super sensitive or I was so nervous that it became painful! I was thinking that pap smear wasn't that painful! Anyway, thank god everything is OK and the result for the swab test will be out in 3 days.  So hopefully everything will be normal when the results are out.  She even gave me some mild laxatives as she doesn't want me to strain in the toilet anymore.

Although... I am still very confused as I still see spotting today! Where is it coming from? Where ever it is....Please go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment