Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Brand New Life Chapter............

I started my maternity leave yesterday.  Yup.... baby is considered full term now and like how my friend will put it I can 'pop' anytime now! Anyway, why the early start on my maternity leave? Well, since everyone been warning me about the sleepless nights ahead, the struggle at labour and whatever not..... I decided to take two weeks off and pamper myself by doing nothing but to rest and relax at home and to do the final preparation before the arrival of our son.

Well, the first day wasn't exactly I would call it rest and relax.  No doubt that I slept all the way till about 11 and as usual baby woke me up telling me that he's hungry.  I freshen up and decided to have pizza pockets for my brunch together with my orange juice and enfamama infront of the TV watching my TVB dramas.  Anyway, hubby woke up later than me by the way! The privilege of working for yourself ! So he woke up around noon and asked me to follow him around running errands so since I have nothing to do why not? We stopped by to have lunch first... yes eventhough I've been repeatedly telling him that I am very full I still had half a bowl of handpulled pan mee while hubby ordered char kuey teow.  After lunch, hubby started running his errands.  First stop was USJ then we went to Saujana Club to pick up his membership card.  After that, we decided to head to Gardens to get my nursing bra to complete packing my 'runaway' bag.  Hubby is getting very excited as D day draws closer.  He even mentioned that if I don't answer my mobile phone after trying twice he will assume that I check myself into the hospital and he will head straight there to look for me.  I am speechless.... By the way my 'runaway' bag is now perpetually in my car boot.  Eventhough I've mentioned that is nothing like in the movies... there should be time for us to gather our belongings and drive to the hospital in a calmly manner and that baby won't just decided to pop out ... there will be pain first which doesn't last too long (I hope) he said how do I know? Again I am speechless.....

Anyway, back to my first day of maternity leave, we went back to our condo to pack up and drop our stuff back in PJ and head straight to Gardens to buy my nursing bra from Mark & Spencer.  It took me so long because I just couldn't get the right fit! Either it is too tight around me or the cup size is too big.  Aaarrgh ! Anyway, I just bought one set (comes in 2) which is comfortable but my breast doesn't fill up the cup size at the moment.  I thought who cares since I will be at home during my confinement anyway! I will decide later what to do if it really doesn't fit.  After that we bought Big Apple donuts for tea-time and headed home before the peak hour traffic starts.  I even manage to take cat nap right before dinner. 

Nowadays, hubby knows that I will request for supper and so around 10.30-11.00pm every night he will asked me whether do I need any food.  Last night I was a little bit hesitant because to be honest I was actually craving for Mcdonalds Double Fillet-O-Fish! But because I had it less than one week ago I felt guilty having it again! So anyway, I told him let's see whether the porridge at Petaling Street is still open so we went.  Unfortunately, we couldn't find any parking closeby so we decided to adjourn to Pudu to have Teo Chew porridge instead.  After supper, both baby and I were so satisfied that it didn't take us very long to fall asleep!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment