Friday, March 4, 2011

Counting Down to 'D' Day

According to my iPhone application, my estimated due date is in 2 weeks and 2 days as of today.  I actually can't wait because my baby is getting heavier and heavier and it's very difficult to move around.  But at the same time, I am also very nervous because I don't know what to expect on D day. 

Yesterday, we went for our routine check up at Pantai Hospital.  Doctor said that I am doing very well as thus far I've only put on about 10kg and the good news is that she said I should be able to get back to my original shape after delivery without any problems.  However, after the ultrasound scan doctor mentioned that baby is doing fine also but is getting too big too fast.  Last week, he weighs 2.7kg and this week he is weighing at 3.1kg! Looks like I have to lay off Mcdonalds for the time being... but...but why NOW? They are having double fillet o fish! Maybe I should have one last one before I go on a diet!

Another concern from the doctor is that he is at a position now that is not ideal for delivery.  He is now lying very comfortably on my right side and facing my abdomen.  Scientifically is called posterior position which means the baby is head down but facing my abdomen.  The most ideal position for delivery is to be on the left side and in an anterior position which means head down but facing my back.  The reason being is that when the baby is in a posterior position the head circumference is bigger than when the baby is facing my back.  Therefore, sometimes their head may get stuck during labour.  But since the doctor said that I still have time, now I will need to talk to my baby and try to get my baby to flip. 

Crossing my fingers that baby will be in the right position when he decided to come out.  Boyboy... remember to turn to my back before you decide to come out ok?! Otherwise mummy will be in a lot alot of pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment