Friday, March 4, 2011

What a Pampering Day!

I had brunch with hubby today.  I told hubby that I felt like having Wanton Noodles so we went down to Petaling Street to have our favourite Wanton Noodles.  This wanton noodles is not your typical really black wanton noodles but not to worry is still very very tasty! We ordered extra wantons too because you can never get such wantons anywhere! It seems that the wantons they added a little bit of salted fish in the filling so is very tasty! Yummy!

After lunch, hubby dropped me home and he went to work.  I decided to go and settle some outstanding bills but because I do not have enough cash on hand so I decided to go to Mid Valley where I can go to the ATM machine and at the same time settle the bills at the post office.  To my surprise ALL the parking in Mid Valley was FULL! I mean geeezz don't all this people need to work?? The traffic within Mid Valley was horrible as everyone is trying to get into the carpark but they are all closed! I decided to head to Bangsar Village instead.  There were lots of people too but the crowd was still manageable.  I went to the ATM first and then took a slow walk to the post office which is situated at the row of shops facing the housing area.  The queue in the post office was really long.  I waited for easily 30mins and then the teller told me that I can't pay the MPSJ 'Cukai Pintu' here.  They told me that we can only settle this bill in February and July.  Other months we need to go back to MPSJ.  Anyway, luckily I stil have my TNB bill to settle.  Otherwise I would have waited 30mins for nothing! On the way back to Bangsar Village I decided to pop into Eon Bank and asked whether can I settle the MPSJ bill there and thankfully I took that step because I can! Hooray!

After settling all the bills, I again took a slow walk back to Bangsar Village and decided to have some pampering session.  I decided to have my manicure and pedicure done.  Just went I was on the way to the nail saloon, I saw this new shop called Spring which sells maternity and baby items I decided to go in and have a look.  Aahhhh I told myself why didn't I discover this shop earlier! They have so many nice maternity clothes and skirts and capri pants! All that I was looking for a couple of months ago! But anyhow, I couldn't resist and still bought some anyway.  Well, the bottoms that I have now is getting really tight! Most of the time, I am wearing T-Shirts that are overly stretched.  Just a few more won't hurt.  Anyway, I can still wear them after I deliver! So I bought 2 spaghetti tops and 1 capri pants.  By the way, the salesperson was really warm and friendly.  I told myself if I need any nursing tops I will definietly come again to buy more!

After my shopping spree, I headed to the nail saloon and had my manicure and pedicure done.  I didn't realised there were another nail saloon operated by the same owner one floor up.  I was looking for a real pampering session but is just too bad the salesperson didn't tell me they have other service! Oh well, is their loss not mine! Anyway, eventhough it was the basic mani and pedi I still enjoyed myself.  On top of that, I only had a clear coat on my fingers and coloured on my toes.  I was thinking if I colour my fingers how am I going to clean it when I start my confinement since there's so many taboos here and there and more over coloured comes off easily on fingers.. I don't want to accidently add some paint into my baby's milk! Anyway, since it's a clear coat.. cleaning it before it wears off I won't feel so wasted which means I can clean it before I go into labour!

After my pampering session, I walked all the way to the old wing to buy a pretzel as I was getting a bit hungry and head back to the new wing walking up and down while eating my pretzel! I saw the time was close to 5pm so decided to leave hoping that I won't get stuck in the peak our traffic. 

Hmmm.... I must say I still do enjoy not working..! Perhaps it will be a different story when I need to bring along my son with limited resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment