Friday, March 18, 2011

Am I Bored?

Some of you may probably be aware that I've been on my maternity leave since 1st March.  All my friends who met up with me or called to check on me will ask am I bored? or What have I done for the week? Am I getting anxious about the delivery? Well, honestly somehow I don't feel bored.  As a matter of fact I do enjoy it very much even on days where I just stayed at home and watch Channel E the whole day! Maybe I'm such a lazy person that all I want to do is just sleep and eat and watch TV.

For instance, since my last blog was on March 8th, let me try to refresh my own memory what I did on March 9th onwards.

March 9th - Wednesday
I was hungry when I woke up so hubby and I went for light breakfast because I already made plans to have lunch with my parents.  Anyway, we decided to just walk outside our house to have roti canai and a cup of teh tarik.  I was surprised that after finishing the cup of teh tarik I was so fulled! My parents came and pick me up for lunch at about 11.30am.  Initial plan was to pick up my grandpa from Bukit Rimau and have lunch together.  We arrived at his house about noon and while my mum was busy transferring some juice from her thermal flask for my grandpa and not sure what else she was doing so I sat there and chatted with my grandpa for while.  Unfortunately, my uncle arranged someone to come and service the air-cond around lunch time so my grandpa said he will stay at home while we go ahead with our lunch and just to 'tar-pau' for him.  We went to this restaurant called Pun Chun that is famous in Bidor that sells wanton noodles and duck noodles.  I was still full from my breakfast so I decided to have the duck soup only and I took some wanton that my dad ordered for sharing.  The wanton is huge and yummy! Another reason why I like it so much is that because it does not have pork inside.  Just prawns and it's crunchy! After lunch we went back to my grandpa's house to drop off his lunch and we went back to my condo to drop off some stuff that my mum will be using during my confinement like sesame oil, blackbeans and I can't remember what else! After that, my parents dropped me back at PJ and I just relax for the rest of the day watching TV.

March 10th - Thursday
Hubby and I woke up quite late.  Late as in nearly noon.  Anyway, my FIL called asking whether do we want roast pork rice since he is going to buy back some.  I immediately said yes because it's been a while since i had the delicious roast pork rice from Brickfields.  After lunch, I took our maid to our condo for cleaning.  Mind you the last round the condo was being cleaned was I think nearly 3 weeks ago!  While, I was waiting for her to clean, I watched a movie that hubby bought from the DVD shop called Last 3 Days.  It's quite a good movie I must say but certain parts was so dark that can't really see anything.  Anyway, my BIL also came over to pick up the clothes dryer that came together with the condo.  As usual, the maid did a very good job in cleaning our condo and we left after she's done and I rest for the rest of the evening.

March 11th - Friday
I remember we woke up early enough to have breakfast because my mum woke me up.  I told hubby that I want to eat chee cheong fun.  Just plain chee cheong fun with the sweet sauce.  He was shocked because I'm never a chee cheong fun fan.  Anyway, as usual hubby was very nice to go out and 'tar pau' for me and we had breakfast together before he left for work while I took a rest and about 11am I got ready to go out with my parents for lunch.  We went to restaurant Lan Jie in Kota Damansara and had steam tilapia.  I was shocked when I went into the restaurant because the patrons there order one fish to themselves! Anyway, we ordered 2 fishes, a plate of fried sweet potato leaves and kung po chicken.  Then I realised why the patrons there ordered one fish to themselves because I myself finished 3/4 of the fish.  The only part that I didn't eat is the stomach which I couldn't handle because of the bones.  But other than that I finished everything! After lunch, we went to Sunway Giza because I wanted to buy milk and also because I have not been.  So we were walking around that area also went into a shop selling baby stuff.  My mum bought more mittens and booties for my son.  On the way back, my dad stopped by a soya bean vendor and bought some herbal jelly.  The herbal jelly is very good! After all that, I went home and slept till hubby came home from work.  We also went out for dinner in SS2.  We've been wanting to try this italian restaurant called Buenosera for quite some time but the last time we tried it was fully booked so we decided to give it another try.  This time round we were lucky and manage to get a table.  I must say the pizza is very good! After dinner,  we went home and hubby and I went to our condo for the weekend.

March 12th - Saturday
Hmm... can't remember what time we woke up but I'm quite sure is quite late because I don't recall having breakfast on this day.  Anyway, as usual we went back to PJ to pick up Russ for grooming and decided to go for Fish Head Beehoon in Kuchai Lama for lunch.  Somehow the fish head beehoon is not as good as before. Well ironically we knew that it wasn't as good as before but yet we still return to the same shop for the same dish.  Why? So far, this is the only fish head beehoon that we tried that really give us the fish head which I am still able to handle.  Other stalls like the famous Woo Pin give all different parts of the fish and it comes with lots of small bones which I hate!  Hubby also sent the car for grooming nearby because it's been a while since the car went for a shower!  After picking up the car, we pick up Russ and head home.  I was looking forward for dinner on this day because one of our friends invited us to his house.  Well actually going to his house is one thing but what's serve for dinner is important! We decided to tar pau food from the pasar malam nearby his house and immediately I look forward to it because it's been a while since I went to pasar malam and it's been a while I had good bubble tea from the pasar malam and all the food! Anyway, the food was quite a disappointment.  Maybe I had too high of an expectation.  There's no tea in the bubble tea! Yes, even the original flavour that hubby ordered does not contain tea is made out of powder! And it was unfortunate that when the man made mine in a transparent shaker I saw that what he added was water and not tea! I also bought meehoon siam as my main meal.  It was not too bad but I find it a bit too dry.  Perhaps I was missing the meehoon siam in Perth... The assam laksa was also a flop.  It smell so good that even hubby couldn't resist but after trying it was a total different story all together! Again, maybe we are comparing it to what we had in Penang near Kek Lok Si Temple.  But at least the apom that I had wasn't too bad.  After the feast, a girlfriend of mine came and pick me up and I must say great minds really do think alike!  We didn't make any prior planning on where should we have our gossip session but both of us had same venue in mind which is Coffee Club in Fahrenheit 88! We were looking forward to the mud pie.  I've always been addicted to it ever since I've tried it in Singapore.  Everytime I'm in Singapore I must have their mud pie.  When I saw that they are opening Coffee Club in KL I was so excited.  I even got my galfriend hooked on it.  But it was very unfortunate that it does not taste the same.  Oh well, at least their fries was good!

March 13th - Sunday
We went to Sunway Pyramid because hubby wanted to get a hair cut so I took the opportunity to get a hairwash too! I like being pampered! Who doesn't right? Anyway, we went to Dragon-I for lunch where I told hubby all I want is the xiao loong pau and maybe some buns here and there.  After lunch, we walked around Pyramid as the hair saloon was packed.  After all the walking, we went back to the hair saloon and got our service and went home after that.  As for dinner, we had a really really satisfying meal which is steamboat.  We ate so much that both of us became so uncomfortable but yet satisfied.

March 14th - Monday
We couldn't think of anywhere to have lunch so hubby suggested we go to Low Yat for roast duck.  Somehow the duck does not taste as good as before.  In fact, I think the roast duck in Kuchai Lama taste better.  But I must say their noodles are still very good.  Anyway, I ordered fried rice with salted fish and chicken cubes but it turned out the fried rice was a bit wet so I didn't really enjoy it and more over the salted fish was not to my liking.  Anyway, after lunch we went for a walk around the mall and we had drink with hubby's friend and went home after that.  As for dinner, we had Mcdonalds! Yummy!

March 15th - Tuesday
Hubby couldn't wake up early so I decided to have waffles for breakfast.  As usual, after hubby woke up we packed up and left our condo to return to PJ and since we couldn't think of anywhere to eat for lunch I suggested to have banana leaf outside our house.  I just had capati with one fish cutlet because I am not very hungry.  After lunch, hubby went to work while I stayed at home watching Channel E!

So I guess I better enjoy as much as I can before the confinement where I realised there's so much restrictions it can drive people insane and of course with the arrival of our son things will definietly be different.......

No comments:

Post a Comment