Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The "Love" Virus.....

While I was enjoying my "woo hoo" holiday in Singapore, my little baby came down with a fever.  I was not even aware until I came home.  Anyway, grandmama and grandpapa noticed that Aston is having fever.  Grandpapa even felt a little paranoid because he took him for a quick dip in the pool just hours before and thought he caught a cold.

Anyway, grandmama was worried that his temperature may go very high in the middle of the night and decided to bring him to the doctor and have him check out.  The doctor said that the fever is very mild and is due to teething.  Grandmama gave Aston some Neurofen and the fever subsided.  Grandmama noticed that once the medication wears off the fever will return.

On the way back from Singapore, I started to feel my throat a bit sore.  I knew that I'm falling sick and told grandmama to bring along her Manuka honey.  During my pregnancy with Aston, I fell ill once and because I couldn't take any medication I tried Manuka honey and it worked.  However, this time round the virus was too strong.  I felt horrible the next day maybe due to lack of sleep.  I couldn't sleep well as I kept waking up to check on Aston's temperature.

Aston had a high temperature in the middle of the night and I had to wake him up to give him his medication.   The next day I told papa that we need to go see the doctor as I am feeling very horrible and Aston is coming down with some cough.  Doctor told me that it's viral and no point giving me any antibiotics.  He prescribed some vitamins to boost my antibody and let my body fight the virus instead.  Aston also caught the virus and I suspect is from papa because he was sick before the trip! Anyway, Aston too was being told that he needs to fight of the virus on his own.  Aston also developed congested nose and had trouble falling asleep.  After we came home from the clinic, Aston fever shot up to 39 degree and I quickly administer the suppository as advised by the doctor.  Initially, I was a bit worried on how am I going to administer it but when the time comes I just did it! I ended up letting him sleep on my bed and on my pillow so that I can immediately attend to him when he starts coughing or couldn't fall back asleep as his nose was congested and also easier for me to take his temperature.

So, both Aston and I was so sick and that's how we welcome 2012....by spending time in bed.  It was so bad for Aston that we even look high and low for a pediatrician but none was open due to public holiday.  We ended up going to Pantai and got a medical officer to check him out.   After one week, we finally recovered well not 100% but 99%.  We still left with a bit of phlegm that just refused to go away.

Aston's sickly look...

Not a very happy boy....

Waiting for the Medical Officer in Pantai Hospital

Still waiting.......

And waiting.......

Can't wait no more..let's explore!

Hmm... Aston suddenly felt much better...

Daddy felt sad for Aston's discomfort

This is how Aston sleep due to his congested nose
 

No comments:

Post a Comment