Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Most Successful White Bread

I decided to bake for my parents today as they are coming to visit.  Usually, the white bread that I bake had one minor imperfection.  That is the top is very white while the other sides are nicely brown.  Something like below.

My first attempt to making rosemary bread


Anyway, the ingredients to the bread I made today using the bread machine as follows:-

235ml warm water
25g     white sugar
7g       bread machine yeast
60ml   vegetable oil
410g   bread flour ( I used high protein bread flour)
6g       salt
30g     mixed goodies (psyllium husk, flax seed, oat bran, buckwheat)

The directions as below....

According to my dad, weighing directly inside the mixer is the most accurate.

Activate the yeast by putting in water, sugar and yeast.  Wait for 10 minutes and the result will be like above or at times even more bubbles.....

After activating the yeast, add the remaining ingredients ( I forgot to take a photo) and just put it in the machine and start the cycle.  The above photo was taken after the machine started kneading.
3 hours later......

Nice and yummy bread!


Waiting for it to cool


Top View of the bread

Side view of the bread

Another side view of the bread

I will try to bake some buns once I can find a tray that can fit in my convection oven.  Otherwise, I will need to get a new oven..** Hint Hint hubby**







No comments:

Post a Comment