Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eat...Eat...Eat...Sleep...Eat

This blog was suppose to be written last week but I've been really lazy and was not in the mood of blogging.  Partly also because hubby was at home early the whole of last week so I'm just happy to relax and enjoy the company of my hubby watching TV together while my son occassionally give us his moves in my tummy which can be quite entertaining for both of us.

Last Thursday was a public holiday and we decided to have an eating trip together with my fil.  As usual, baby woke me up in the morning around 9ish and as always I will be hungry the moment I wake up so we decided to walk to the indian restaurant just outside our house for breakfast.  At 11.30am we went to Yut Kee for lunch but we didn't have a heavy one because we plan to go for second round somewhere else.  We arrived at Yut Kee slightly after 1200 and it was already full house! Luckily, we didn't had to wait too long but the down side was we had to share table.  So anyway, we ordered their famous dishes which is Hainanese pork chop, Hai Lam Mee and also steam bread with butter and kaya.  The bread was not too bad but I would much prefer if they use the old fashion type of butter and not individually packed Anchor brand butter.  As for the kaya I personally find that the one bought by one of our relative was much nicer.  Overall I would say their standard has dropped tremendously especially the Hai Lam Mee.  It was very obvious that it was pre-cooked because when it was served it wasn't hot and the noodles was soggy.  But I must say the chili that goes with the noodles is really good.  We also take away their famous kaya swiss roll which we find that the taste is still OK but the size of the roll has shrunk tremendously.

We then continue our makan journey to somewhere near Selayang... I think! Anyway, this shop is famous for it's fish ball noodles and it was previously located very closeby Yut Kee.  When hubby first brought me there for their fish ball noodles it was in an old shack in Jalan Yap Ah Shak...really hot and crowded with a man who takes our orders and when he relay back to the kitchen we have no idea what he's talking about! It was closed down few years back and we couldn't find where it was located until last week when I was just trying my luck by google-ing and wah lah I found it! They have upgraded from an old shack into a nicely renovated shop with air condition, marble tables and most importantly the shop looks clean.  This fish ball shop is now call Fish Ball Mee KNL restaurant.  We manage to locate the shop by using our gps and it was a pretty long drive all the way from Yut Kee.  We ordered a bowl of fish ball, mee with 'char yuk' and a bowl of tau foo pok.  The fish ball is not as good as before in terms of texture but the taste is still quite similar to what I've tasted when they were back in the shack.  I didn't like the 'char yuk' and not sure about the tau foo pok because I'm not a fan of tau foo pok. 

After our second round of luncheon, we headed home to rest and discuss what's for dinner.  I had cravings for waffles at waffle world so the initial plan was to try this new restaurant near paramount which is famous for their claypot fish head and head to 1 Utama for waffles.  Well, hubby and I was so tired from all the eating so we decided to take a nap.  Well not sure if you call it a nap because when we woke up is actually time for dinner.  Anyway, we ditched the idea of going two places so we went straight to 1 Utama to have dinner and I decided to give Sri Melaka a try.  Nothing to rave about our dinner and because I was so looking forward to having waffles, I kept my stomach some room for waffles.

After waffles, we went to my sil house to deliver the swiss roll and chatted till about midnight and I was exhausted!                 

No comments:

Post a Comment