Friday, June 22, 2012

The Sick Bug Is In The House........

Aston and I have been sick for a week now.  I started of by having sore throat follow by cough while Aston have flu and swollen tonsils.  I would say I am 98% recovered while Aston doesn't seem to make any improvement.  Well, also because I was on antibiotics and cough medicine while Aston was left to defend for himself.

When we went to the doctor's last week the moment the doctor look at Aston, he told me I have to cut down on feeding him Vitamin A.  Aston is a bit yellow.  He was showing me the nose and the cheeks but I just couldn't  see it.  Anyway, immediately I knew I've been feeding him too much yellow vegetables.  The butternut squash and the sweet potato.... There goes my staple vegetables for Aston!

The doctor also mentioned that Aston's throat is a bit sensitive just like his daddy.  At his age, his tonsils shouldn't be swollen.  Doctor advised no french fries ( No problem we have not introduce to him), no chocolate (Also not a problem because mummy is not a fan of chocolate) basically no fried food and when I mentioned Durian it was a big NO NO.  All this will have to wait till he is much older.  There goes yeh yeh's dream of feeding Aston durians at such young age.  Yeah....yeh yeh have this thinking that if he trains Aston early eating durian, he will love it when he is older and then Aston can accompany yeh yeh eat durian.  I obviously do not understand the logic behind this because no 1 durian is a fruit that either you like it or not.  I mean my whole family can indulge in durian but not my brother.  How do we explain that? No 2 yeh yeh is diabetic.  He himself mention that he cannot have durian.  Basically, he will only eat one seed in the morning.  That's all.  So I do not see the significant whether Aston MUST eat durian or not.

Aston's flu is viral so there's no point having antibiotics.  Doctor did prescribed flu medication and also fever medication for standby only.  Well, mummy couldn't take it any longer because it has been a week and Aston's flu doesn't seem to be going anywhere so today I decided to give him his flu medication.  Hopefully, recovery is on the way because looking at Aston couldn't breath properly especially when he wants to sleep just breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment