Monday, June 25, 2012

Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup

Last week I cooked chicken and sweet corn soup with pasta for Aston for his lunch.  Not to be boastful but it was so tasty! I would say I was about 90% closed to restaurant standard.  The only thing that was missing was the cornstarch to thicken the soup which I omit since my intention was to cook it for Aston.  I was so surprised how easy it was to make it.  Initially, I thought of just a simple chicken soup because Aston was down with flu and I used the sweet corn just to make it more "sweet".  I didn't expect it to taste so similar to those I had in chinese restaurants.

Anyway, below is my own version of Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup:

Ingredients:
2 pieces of skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
1/2 cup of frozen sweet corn
500ml water (estimate because I never measure)
1 Egg
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste ( No pepper for Aston)

Cooking Instructions:
Cooked in Slow Cooker
1. Put in slow cooker the chicken breast, sweet corn and water
2. Cooked for 4 hours under "Auto" function
3. Transfer to normal pot to continue cooking using stove

Cooked using Gas Stove
1. Bring the soup to a boil
2. Break the egg into a bowl (no whisking is required)
3. Pour the egg into the soup as slow as possible while stirring the soup.  This will create a "egg flower" effect in the soup.
4. Salt and pepper to taste
5. Serve while hot.

I put some shell pasta into the soup for Aston and he loved it.  Unfortunately, I did not manage to take any photos because it never came across my mind until I finished it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds really good! I am gonna try it. Never thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahhhh...pressure already! Hopefully your princesses likes it. Mind you the above only yield one big bowl of soup so according to my husband everything also will taste good since so much ingredients yield ONE bowl of soup only.

    ReplyDelete