Thursday, December 9, 2010

English Tea @ Ritz Carlton

One of my galfriends msn me saying that she would like to see my belly as the last time we see each other was during her daughter's fullmoon and at that time I wasn't showing yet.  So anyway, because last Tuesday was a public holiday we decided to meet up for tea.  I guess initially both of our ideas was maybe just coffee at a cafe.

Both of us couldn't decide where to go because I personally am quite bored with Delicious.  So as usual I open my favourite browser and start googling where to have tea in Klang Valley and wahlah! I came across this blog that had a write up on English Tea at Ritz Carlton.  The pictures on the blog was very impressive and with the price for the tea set it was even more impressive! So it was decided that we give it a try.  Anyhow, in my mind how wrong can Ritz Carlton be right?

They serve English Tea from 3pm-5pm everyday except Sunday.  I was wondering whether should we make any reservation but then we were so confident that it will not be full house so we decided not to make any reservations.  Anyway, so we met at the hotel at 3pm and I drove there myself trying to figure out where is their parking and when the valet pointed me to the basement parking I was shocked! First I had to pay RM20 to the security guard and I get no receipt whatsoever! I was told to park my car at B2 so I did.  The parking was kind of dark so I choose a parking right next to the entrance of the lift.  Unfortunately, the lift was not working!! I was thinking to myself how can this be? This is Ritz Carlton! I can't imagine that I need to walk up the staircase in a 5 star hotel. 

So anyway, I arrived first (as expected my friend will be late) and noticed that the lounge is really warm.  Luckily while waiting for my friend they served me a glass of cold water to cool my body temperature.  I thought to myself goshhh just by climbing up the staircase I felt so warm already?! So when my friend arrived we told the waitress that we are ready to have our tea.  So the waitress pushed a cart full of tea leaves 40 different types to be exact and introduced to us a few types of teas.  There were so many teas that we didn't know where to start smelling! So anyway, I quite like the tea called .... Rose (can't remember the name) and my friend had Earl Grey.  So the waitress said she will get us one set with additional pot of tea.  We just assume it should be the tiffin set. 

The teas were served in a nice looking English teapot with warmer and the "Set" was served on a 3 tier tiffin set.  The top layer were 2 warm scones (one plain & one with apple), chicken pie and a quiche.  The scones were very good but very fattening! Well... fattening for me because I choose to have it with butter and fresh cream! Oh by the way, on the table there were 3 different Jams (marmalade, erm.. something berry and can't remember the other one) which we were suppose to have it with the scones but I bypass that and jumped straight into the cream.  Anyway, I also like the chicken pie and the quiche too.  2nd Tier there were pickled cucumber sandwich (bread was a bit dry), smoked salmon canape (can't comment because I didn't try it) and another canape that both of us did not take coz we were so full.  I think is cheese canape.  As for the last tier is more towards sweets... fruit tart, mango cheesecake, macaroon and somethingelse with nuts that I was not interested. 

Overall I would say is a very good experience.  Eventhough the lounge was a bit too warm to the extend that it was a little bit uncomfortable but minus that, I don't mind having tea there again.  At least we chatted without needing to shout at each other throat! Oh by the way, the set which includes one pot of tea and the tiffin set is RM68++

No comments:

Post a Comment