Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gastric or Something Else?

Last Sunday, I woke up around 9ish feeling really hungry but felt really tired so I decided to continue sleeping.  I finally woke up around noon and started having this really uncomfortable cramp like feelings just below by breast and above my belly.  So the first thing that came to mind is gastric.  For the whole day I regretted not waking up the first round to have something light to bite knowing that I was really hungry. 

Anyway, we decided to go out for lunch so I suggested to go Summit in USJ because I just found out that there is a Babyland there.  So I thought why not since I've decided to buy the Medela Swing Breast Pump.  So we had lunch at Black Canyon but boy I really didn't have much appetite but I thought I should eat slowly and hopefully the gastric will go away.  After lunch, we were walking looking for Babyland and in between we went into some sports shop which I suspect that the Nike shoes they are selling are not genuine.  Anyhow, because it's cheap I bought one pair of slip-ons from them.  After buying the breast pump from Babyland I told hubby that I want to go home because I was really not up to walking anymore.  All I felt like doing is just lie down and curl up into a ball because the cramps that I'm feeling comes and goes.  Anyway, before we left just to satisfied our urge for coffee we went back to Black Canyon to have a cup of coffee each.

We spend the rest of the day at home watching the series Lie To Me till dinner time.  In between I was tossing and turning trying to find the most comfortable position and as usual baby was also doing his rounds of exercise routine inside punching, kicking, moving around.  I must say recently I noticed that baby's movements are getting stronger and stronger and I'm so happy that finally hubby can share the same experience as me.  I can tell that he gets so excited everytime he felt baby moved.  Sometimes, he will even try to play with baby by poking my stomach! But so far baby only responded to him once.  Most of the time, he had to put his hand on my belly for quite sometime before he can feel it.

Anyway, back to my "gastric" episode well besides from feeling the cramps..I had diarrhea too! Thankfully the cramps was not as bad on Monday so I still manage to go to work.  The diarrhea still maintains for the whole day.  Then suddenly it strike me could it be something else? I was thinking to myself maybe the cramp like feelings is actually not gastric.  Maybe it is Braxton Hicks contractions.  I mean I am in my final trimester now.  So once again, I started google-ing about Braxton Hicks contractions and realised that the result I find mostly says that it is painless and you feel your stomach hardens for just few seconds.  Then I started to touch my tummy and felt oh no I can't tell the difference because certain time of the day it always feels hard! Then I continue searching and then it somehow links to pre-term labour which one of the signs says diarrhea! Then I got really worried and started thinking hmmm cramps + diarrhea not a good sign.  I thought to myself give it another day and if I still feel the cramps I should call the Dr to ask about it. 

Today is already Wednesday and thankfully I did not feel any more cramps today but still had a little bit of diarrhea.  Then suddenly my brain function properly and I laughed to myself how can  I be in labour when the cramps are above my stomach! If it was a real contraction I should be feeling it at my belly right? I mean if the information online is correct it should feel like menstrual cramps then it should be just above the pubic area.  Silly me! Worried for nothing!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment