Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tiramisu...Attempt No 1

My friends and I were planning for a Christmas dinner at my place but unfortunately the main chef fell sick so we had to postpone our dinner to next week.  Anyway, I told my friends that my contribution for the dinner will be Tiramisu for dessert.

I found this recipe online from Jamie Oliver and it looks very simple.  Since the dinner was postponed, I told myself that I will test out the recipe today.  Well everything went well until the recipe says to slowly fold in the beaten egg white into the mascarpone mix.  Silly me did it the other way round! I pour my mascarpone mix into the egg white and started folding and notice hmmmm this doesn't seem right...  oh well too late to do anything so just continue folding...On top of that, the recipe states to briefly soak the sponge fingers into the coffee...without even testing one I straight away put in 5-6 sponge fingers and they soak up so fast that I didn't have enough coffee left and they started to be really soft.  Hopefully, after setting it in the fridge overnight everything will still turn out OK.

But I had another concern... Half way through making the tiramisu it suddenly hit me that perhaps I shouldn't be eating it until I deliver.  Why? Well, the recipe requires 3 eggs and because there's no baking involved it means that the eggs are not cook at all! Isn't raw eggs a big NO NO to preggers? AAarrgh! Maybe I'll just try a little bit tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment