Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday in Hong Kong with Hubby and Baby --- Day 4

Well technically this is our last day to explore Hong Kong.  Hubby decided to go to Causeway Bay.  I think he wanted to go there because of the movie 'Young & Dangerous'.  Anyway, since the guide book also mentioned that they have shopping malls there so we decided to go ahead anyway. 

Hubby decided that we should take the MTR from Mong Kok East station instead of walking all the way to Mong Kok station..of course I agreed ! So we bought the ticket all the way to Causeway Bay and we know we had to change train a few times.  The planned route was Mong Kok East-Hung Hom-Tsim Sha Tsui East-Tsim Sha Tsui-Causeway Bay.  Everything went perfectly fine until we reach Tsim Sha Tsui East and we know we must have made a mistake somewhere as the Tsim Sha Tsui East and Tsim Sha Tsui station is not connected.  Well not connected in the sense that once we exit the Tsim Sha Tsui East station we can't get the ticket back! Which means we will need to buy another ticket to Causeway Bay from Tsim Sha Tsui... sighh major boo boo on our last day. 

Finally we arrived at Causeway Bay and we walked towards Sogo from the MTR station.  We were thinking hmmmm don't all these people need to work? Geez it's a Friday and is not even lunch time and Sogo is so crowded! I guess the sale must be really good because I see people with loads of shopping bags! We decided to have our brunch first.  Since is our last day and we haven't had dim sum in Hong Kong I insist that we have Dim Sum.  So we were walking along the main road and noticed that there are some restaurants situated inside the office buildings.  We decided to check out one of the restaurants and the moment the lift open we were in the restaurant already! We were kinda shocked because we wanted to do some survey first.  Anyhow, we were to shy to turn back so we decided to go ahead.  Thankfully they do serve dim sum but hubby was having problems understanding the dimsum menu in chinese so we decided to take their set meals instead.  The price is reasonable and this is what comes in the set:-


Fried Beef Hor Fun (Dry)--- VERY GOOD!

Fried Carrot Cake-- Not Bad

Chives Dumpling--No comment


Black Bean Chicken Feet---Not soft enough but tasty

Char Siew Pau---VERY VERY GOOD!
After our dimsum, we went into Sogo hoping we could get some cheap clothes or diaper bags or any baby stuff back but after the price conversion there's not much difference than buying them in KL.  Therefore, we failed in terms of shopping in HongKong! We didn't want to waste time so we went back to Tsim Sha Tsui. 

We decided to explore Tsim Sha Tsui and manage to stumble across this Macau Restaurant which sells the Polo Buns! I told hubby I must have it! Otherwise, I won't have chance anymore! So we decided to have tea in a Macau Restaurant.  We ordered a Polo Bun with Butter, hubby ordered a Macau Pork Chop Burger and we also wanted to try the chili pepper squid.  I've been telling hubby I actually miss the chilli pepper squid tentacles in Perth.  Well, there are alot of things I miss about Perth especially their food...perhaps my tastebud is much more accustomed to what they serve in Perth.  Oops...drifting away..


Polo Bun with Butter

Macau Ice Coffee

Pork Chop Burger---the ommelet is GOOD!

Chilli Pepper Squid---No Good :(
After our tea break, we decided to head back to the hotel for a rest as the weather was getting gloomy. 

Our last dinner was bad.... we decided to walk along Fah Yuen Street if I'm not mistaken and because we kinda have no idea what to eat we just simply pick one that has some roast meat hanging as their ornaments...thinking that the roast should be their specialty.  Boy were we WRONG! The roast pork that hubby ordered tasted like 'lap cheung' to me! Thank God I've learned my lesson not to order anymore pork dishes... I ordered mince beef with egg and rice and luckily it was OK..I kind of felt guilty for having this as the egg was raw and because I'm pregnant I shouldn't be taking anything raw but anyhow I didn't finish it because I know I will feel very guilty until my next check up if I do. 

On our way back, I told hubby that I must get some dessert from Hui Lau San and I take away a cup of snow jelly and they were very good! A little too sweet but bearable.  Well since it's our last night, we went back to the hotel to pack up and enjoy live TVB Anniversary show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment