Saturday, June 11, 2011

10 June 2011

Aston slept very well again.  I feel so lucky compared to a girlfriend of mine who had to suffer for 6 months because her daughter refuse to sleep.  Anyway, Aston woke up at 4am for his feed and went straight to sleep after that.  He did fuss a little when I changed his diapers.  I still can't get the hang of wearing pants for him.  Yes... my son do not wear any bottoms when he's at home.  Mamypoko is the only piece of material he wears during the day.  Anyway, after the 4am feed both of us slept really well.  Again, I was woken up by my engorged breast at 8.00am.  I dragged myself out of bed to express my milk while Aston is still sound asleep.  After expressing I was contemplating whether to return to bed or freshen up.  I choose to return to bed.  Aston woke up at 8.45am.  This time round I fed him first because he was a little cranky.  Not the usual smiley face when I went to greet him.  After feeding, I changed him to his day clothes, changed his diapers and we went down to the garden for a walk.  This morning I tried using the sling.  I sling him using the tummy to tummy position.  He seems OK during the walk but after 10 minutes or so he started to fuss.  So I went back into the house placed him on the rocking chair and we had our usual chat.  Somehow, today's chat was a little bit different.  The tone of his voice was not as happy or excited as before.  The tone is more towards agitated.  It was 10am and I thought maybe he's sleepy so I placed him back in the crib and gave him his pacifier.  He was squirming, making noises but he did not cry.  Papa woke up with his loud voice so we decided to have a family bonding session on our bed.  By 11am he fell asleep so I quickly went to take my shower while papa went out to buy lunch. Initially, we wanted to have duck rice but the shop was not opened yet so we settled for fish head bee hoon.  Yummy!

Well, as I expected, after I came out from shower, Aston was awake.  He's not as cheerful as the past few days but not in a foul mood either.  I placed him on the play gym and we played for 10 minutes or so and he started asking for his milk.  This time round I didn't thaw the milk early enough so it wasn't warm enough.  I tried to distract him while the milk continue to warm up but he was not very happy.  At about 11.45 I fed him and burped him.  I placed him on the rocking chair where we had our lunch.  He started pooping half way through our lunch.  Yayy! Today is poop day! (He did not poop yesterday)  Anyway, papa offered to clean him up.  Thank you papa.  After I finished my lunch papa went to work. I tried to chat with Aston.  It started with some smiles and ah goos but after that the tone was back to being agitated.  I quickly place him back in the crib and gave him his pacifier.  He was fussing, throwing tantrums with his hands and kicking his legs really hard on the bed.  He looked so cute because the way he sounds as if he's trying to complain about something which I suspect he's having trouble falling asleep as he's over tired so he got frustrated.  After about 10 minutes or so I gave in to him because he just got louder and louder and I know if I don't pick him up soon he's going to give me a loud cry.  Mind you while he's throwing tantrums he's not crying.  He just make loud noises like mmmmaaahhh aaaahhhhh something like that.  Oh yes and he like to fake cough which worries me sometimes because when he does that he sounds like he's going to choke.  Anyway, I picked him up and placed him on our bed and I slept next to him, stroking his tiny hands.  In less than 10 minutes he fell asleep and I transferred him back to his crib.

He woke up again at 2.30pm.  Slightly better mood than earlier.  He looked hungry again so I quickly fed him.  I even gave him more breastmilk and he finished it.  Perhaps is time to increase his feeding to 5oz? Let's see how he progress in the next few days.  Anyway, grandmama came again to check whether the pants that she altered fits Aston.  Grandmama is helping us to changed all the elastic bands on Aston's pants.  I'm not sure why all the pants that was either given or bought is so tight! That's one of the reasons why I don't give Aston wear pants.  Until recently where we can't swaddle him tight anymore he tends to kick off the blanket in the middle of the night so I thought is time that he needs to wear long sleeve shirt and long pants so that he doesn't feel cold and also to avoid mosquito bites.  Oh yes! He woke up this morning having 7 mosquito bites all on his left face! :( Anyway, grandmama bought me KFC Zinger burger and some portugese tarts for my tea.  Yummy!  Aston also took some photos with grandmama and grandpapa.  After grandmama and grandpapa left Aston was showing signs that he wants to sleep again.  I think he's mood is according to the weather.  Today is a gloomy day so is his mood.  Yup... he fell asleep at about 4pm.

He woke up again at about 4.30pm.  Shortly after he woke up, he had hiccups so I decided to feed him his milk.  I gave extra again this time round but he couldn't finish it.  Anyway, I guess today is one of those days that he's not in a chatty mood.  I tried getting his rhythm going to have our usual conversation but failed.  I put him on his play gym instead and played with him but somehow today he's just not in the mood.  I thought he was sleepy so I gave him his pacifier but he didn't want it.  He started yawning at about 5.45pm while I was expressing milk.  I bathed him after I expressed my breastmilk.  He started to get cranky when I was dressing him.  I thought he wanted to sleep so I put him in his crib and he started his mmmmaaaaa aaahhhhhh.  I tried soothing him with the pacifier but failed so I quickly fetch him his milk.  He fell asleep towards the end of the feed but woke up again after the burp.  I took him downstairs to say good night to 'yeh yeh'.  By 7.15pm he cried so I quickly took him back to the room, put him in his crib and gave him his pacifier but still didn't manage to stop him crying.  I picked him up again and put him on our bed with the pacifier and slept very close to him and comfort him and he finally calmed down.  Phew! This is the first time I can't soothe him with a pacifier! Is my nightmare starting?? I seriously hope not! Anyway, he fell asleep after about 7.30pm and woke up again 10 minutes later crying.  I quickly soothe him with the pacifier and thankfully this time round it works and he slept again.  I guess he's just moody today.  I mean we get moody at times right?

Well, 'yeh yeh' just told me that Aston and I are booked for lunch appointment with all the great grand aunties and uncles tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be the first time we are going out with yeh yeh without papa.  Papa is staying home tomorrow because the electrician is coming to fix the house.   Let's hope that Aston is not as moody as today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment