Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sleeping too much?

It's such irony that now I'm blogging about Aston sleeping too much in a day.  I know I should be happy because many parents wish for their child to sleep more but sometimes I think to myself that should I be worried? Take today for instance, he woke up at 8.30am and was still yawning away but couldn't fall asleep till about 11.45am.  He woke up again at 12.30pm and then fell asleep again 1 hour later.  At 1.30pm he slept all the way to 5.30pm!! And at 7.00pm he started to yawn again and slept at 7.30pm till 8.30pm.  He slept again at 10.15pm.

Is Aston sleeping too much? I tried feeding him extra since he skipped one feed I assume he will be very hungry after he woke up at 5.30pm but he didn't manage to finish it.  Worry number 2 is he drinking enough milk? Worry number 3 is it because he spend so much time sleeping that he is not pooping? It has been 3 days since he last poop.  Even though the doctor reassured me that it's OK if he does not poop daily but how many days gap is healthy? Doctor just told me as long as the stools are soft is OK.

Luckily when he's awake he's quite alert and we manage to squeeze in some chats and tummy time otherwise I will have Worry number 3 is he being stimulated enough?

Worries of a first time mum..........I guess it will never end....

No comments:

Post a Comment