Wednesday, June 8, 2011

8 June 2011

I thought Aston's sleeping pattern more or less stable but not this morning! He woke up at midnight for his feed as I expected.  Maybe I had my hopes too high up... I thought he will sleep all the way till about 6am or 7am.  Unfortunately, he woke up at 4.00am.  This time round I didn't say much too him just gave him a pat and told him that I'm going to go make his milk.  I didn't want to get him too excited at 4am! Well, before feeding I changed his diaper and he thank me by peeing before I could secure the new diaper on him.  So I had to clean him up and change his clothes.  Luckily the mess was very minor.  Anyway, after feeding and burping he went straight to sleep and so did I.

At 5.30am I heard his voice again.  I woke up took a peep and his eyes were still closed and sucking his hands.  I let him be and went back to sleep.  I woke up again at 6.00am to check on him and he's asleep so I expressed my breastmilk thinking that by doing so I can sleep longer.  At 7.00am I heard his voice again. This time round he's wide awake and when I went to greet him he gave me this big smile.  I knew he was wide awake.  I took a gamble by feeding him again thinking that maybe he's hungry again that's why he woke up.  True to a certain extend because he drank 95% of the milk.  He fell asleep by the way that's why he couldn't finish it and when I removed the bottle from him the balance of the milk spilled out from his mouth hence I had to change his top because the milk dripped all over his shirt and neck.  He woke up after I burped him but I just lay him back on his crib and gave him his pacifier.  I took a peep at him 15 minutes later and he's asleep so I continue to sleep.

I heard him again 15 minutes to 9am.  I was so groggy this time round that I couldn't even get out of bed.  I put my glasses on but still lying on bed hoping that he will fall asleep again.  By 9.15am he gave a loud 'Ahhh' which is his cue to get attention so I force myself to wake up and I tried giving him the pacifier but he didn't want it.  He was actually smiling and waving his arms in the air so I knew he's wide awake.     Again, I fed him and this time round he managed to finish 98% of the milk and after burping him I took him to the garden for a walk.  By 10am I put him on his rocking chair and we chat for a while.  He started to get a little bit cranky and yawning so I changed his diapers and put him on his crib.  I let him self soothe with his pacifier while I quickly went to freshen up.  Papa woke up and bought us brunch before he went to work.  I requested for nasi lemak because I was very very hungry! Anyway, after I freshen up I heard Aston's 'Ahhh' again so I quickly rush to him.  I gave him his pacifier which fell out and he fall asleep almost instantly.  I quickly rush to take my shower and by the time I'm done papa already came back with the nasi lemak and 'cham-ice'.  After brunch, we found Aston was actually awake silently talking to his puppy book.  Papa gave a good bye kiss and went to work while I attend to Aston.  I gave him his pacifier again and he fell asleep again.  Hmmm... is it sign that he's maturing because what I read on the internet was as they grow older they take longer naps during the day and sleep through the night.  I hope so because the time now is 12.45pm and he's still asleep! Time for me to express my milk too!

Aston woke up at about 1pm.  He woke up a little bit cranky.  I quickly changed his diaper and fed him. He's mood improved after the feed and burp.  The maid was cleaning the room, so we sat at the living area outside our room and I switched on channel 618 on Astro which is babyTv.  I'm not sure whether can he see or not but he was sitting on my lap facing the tv for about 10 minutes or so.  After that I carried him around the house and return back to his rocking chair.  I looked at the clock it was already 2.00pm! Geez time really flies! Anyway, we chatted for about 5 minutes or so and he started pooping.  Yay!! I cleaned him up and lay him on the play gym.  We played for another 10 minutes or so and he started having hiccups.  About 2.30pm he started getting cranky with the hiccups so I lay him on his crib and gave him his pacifier.  He closed his eyes and after a few sound of hiccups he fell asleep.

It's 3.30pm and Aston woke up for a while, sucking his hands, kicking and punching the air.  I went over to say hello and he was not very happy.  The look on his face says that he needs more sleep.  I gave him his pacifier and let him settle himself and yes he fell asleep again and woke up at 4.30pm.  He gave me a big smile when I went to greet him.  I fed him, burped him and I put him on his rocking chair.  It only lasted for 10 minutes or so and he started getting cranky and yawning.  I refused to give in this time worried that he will not be able to sleep later in the night.  Anyway, I put him on the play gym and kept him distracted until 5.45pm where I expressed my breastmilk and gave him a bath at 6.15pm.  After bath, took him down to say good night to 'yeh yeh' and I fed him at 6.45pm.  He fell asleep while drinking his milk but still manage to finish it.  However, 10 minutes later he's awake and having a hard time falling asleep till about 8.15pm.

Aston woke up again at 8.45pm.  He looked like he's not falling back asleep so I picked him up and put him on the play gym.  I decided to feed him first because I wanted him to go back to sleep by 10.00pm the latest.  After feeding, I put him on the rocking chair and we had our little chat.  He got cranky after a while so I moved him back to the play gym.  By 9.30pm he's showing signs that he's tired so I changed his diaper and put him in the crib.  He fell asleep around 9.50pm and hopefully he can sleep through the night.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment