Tuesday, June 7, 2011

7 June 2011

Yay! Aston slept through the night again.  He woke up at about 5.45am this morning.  Found him happily sucking his hands and when I went to greet him good morning he gave me this big smile.  I comforted him and told him that I'm going to make his milk first.  I came back into the room still shaking his milk bottle the moment he saw it he gave another big smile and was punching and kicking to show that he can't wait.  He must be really hungry because he finished the whole bottle.  I thought he fell asleep while burping but half way through he let out a loud burp and I found his eyes wide opened.  I thought to myself oh no.. is he going to be awake?? I'm so not ready to fully open my eyes! But anyway, I remained calm continue to burp him for another 5 minutes or so and when I looked at the clock it was already 6.15am.  I put him back to his crib, gave him the pacifier and cover him with his blanket.  He was looking at his puppy book that I put by the side of his crib.  I then took this time to express my breastmilk and I yield slightly less than 4 oz. After expressing, Aston was still awake but I didn't talk to him and let him soothe himself.  I can tell that he's eyes were getting heavy and been yawning a few times.  I went to keep the breastmilk and brought the bottle down for washing and when I came back up he was still not asleep but I could tell it will be anytime soon as he was struggling to keep his eyes opened.  I went back to bed and at about 7.00am I found him deep asleep.  Mummy so proud of you Aston!

Papa woke up early this morning for work.  Before he left he came to give mummy a kiss and I asked him what time it was.  He said it's only 9.15am and he told me that Aston is still asleep.  I told papa that I should wake up and get myself ready while he's still asleep but even before papa stepped out of the house Aston is wide awake already! I went to greet him again and make him his milk.  I changed him into a shirt that grandmama made for him.  It looks like a doctor's coat by the way.  After feeding and burping it was already 10am.  I took him out to the garden for a walk and tried sitting on the swing but only for a minute or so because the sun was shinning at us.  We went back into the house as Aston started to sweat and we had a chat while he sat on his rocking chair.  As I expected, he got hiccups after a few attempts of making some cooing or ahhhs  (it happens all the time!) Anyway, by 10.30am I fed him the left over milk to stop the hiccups and changed his diapers.  He was yawning and showing signs that he's ready to nap.  I put him down in his crib and gave him the pacifier.  While he was self soothing himself to sleep I quickly went and freshen up and took an express shower.  I came back and found him still not sleeping but chatting away with his puppy book.  I gave him the pacifier which he dropped while I was in the shower and by 11.00am he doozed off.  I quickly, went downstairs to heat up the 'zhung' and made myself a cup of tea as my brunch.

He woke up with a foul mood at about 12.30pm and I knew that he wasn't really satisfied with his sleep. I let him whine and wiggle while I expressed my breastmilk.  My insticts was right.  Half way through expressing he fell back asleep.  He woke up 20 minutes later still a little bit cranky but when I went to talk to him he still gave me a small smile but then started whinning again.  I knew he must be hungry because his last feed was at 9.30am.  I fed him and burped him and his a happy boy again.  We chatted for a while on his rocking chair and then I moved him to the play gym.  I lie down next to him looking at him played and then he turned to look at me and started making ahh-goos and coos so we had a short conversation.  I also tried out the sling again tummy to tummy position.  Much better this time but still not perfect as I still need to support his head.  He looks very comfortable but somehow I'm worried for his legs.  It feels like his legs are cramp inside.  I then tried out the cradle position just as I expected he started to whine.  I guess is a sign that he's not comfortable.  We stopped trying the sling and decided to change his diapers and prepare him for his nap.  To show me his love he pee onto the changing station just before I put on the new diapers.  So I cleaned him up and put him back to his play gym while I clean the changing station.  We had a short 5 minutes tummy time as he was getting very grumpy even after I lie him on his back.  I knew he wanted to take his nap.  I quickly put him on his crib and gave him his pacifier and he fell asleep by 2pm.

At 3pm Aston is still asleep and I'm getting hungry.  I went to the kitchen look through what's in the fridge and then in the store room and I found nothing! But because my stomach was grumbling I had another 'zhung' made by another aunty and a cup of milo.  No more 'zhung' for me! Papa when are you going to fix the fridge upstairs? We need more space to stock up food that we like to eat!

Papa came back early and bought us tea time.  Yay! I was so happy that I ate one piece of roti canai and one curry puff.  At about 4.45pm Aston woke up a little cranky.  I assume due to hunger.  Anyway, I fed him and burped him and we took him to meet Russ while the maid cleans the room.  He didn't show much reaction either because he still couldn't see Russ clearly as we still kept Russ a distance or he's just not interested! I put him on the play gym once the room was cleaned and we played till it was about 5.30pm and Aston started to get a little bit fussy.  I thought he wanted to nap so I put him in his crib and gave him his pacifier.  Less than 5 minutes he spit out his pacifier and started chatting away.  I let him be while I expressed my breastmilk.  After that, I gave him a bath and took him to say good night to 'yeh yeh'.  I fed him again at 7.00pm and fell asleep while burping.  However, the moment I lay him down on his crib his eyes was wide open.  I gave him his pacifier and let him soothe himself to sleep.  I went down for my dinner at 7.30pm and at about 8.00pm he gave a loud yell and I came to the rescue.  I gave him his pacifier which fell out and he fell asleep instantly.  Looks like he's going to wake up around midnight or slightly pass midnight for his feed.  Oh boy...no poop for the day again!

No comments:

Post a Comment