Monday, June 6, 2011

6 June 2011

I was awaken by Aston this morning at 6.30am for his feeding and while I was feeding him suddenly it came to my mind that I should blog about my daily routine now that I am a stay at home mum.  By the way I've been reading this blog by Karen Cheng and she really inspires me to update my blog more frequently and my next aim is to pick up papa's DSLR and start taking photos of Aston.  On top of that I've always wanted to keep track of his sleeping schedule so by blogging it I can record down his sleeping time too!

So here goes.....

The first time I woke up this morning I remembered looking at the clock and it was 5am.  Aston was squirming and sucking his hands (his new found hobby) but eyes were still close so I let him be.  I fell asleep but it wasn't really deep because I know I have to wake up and attend to him soon.  At 5.30am I woke up and took a peep at him and he fell asleep again so I continue to sleep.  I heard Aston's voice again and I woke up look at the clock and it was already 6.30am! This round he's eyes open still sucking his hands and smiling away.  He slept since 10pm last night by the way.  Well done Aston! So I woke up and wish him good morning and he always melts my heart by giving me a big warm smile in return with a look that he had a good night sleep.  After giving him a pat and a kiss I told him I'm going to go and make him his milk and come back.  After I prepared his milk, I changed his diapers and fed him.  He fell asleep again before he could even finish his milk but it's OK because the left over was less than 1oz.  So I tried to burp him obviously nothing's happening because he's deep asleep judging from his heavy breathing.  I tried for about 10 minutes or so and put him back on his crib and it was already 7am.  I expressed breast milk and only yield slightly less than 4oz and went back to bed about 7.30am.

9.30am I heard Aston's voice again and he's wide awake.  Again, the moment he saw my face he gave me this big smile and start kicking and punching the air to show he's excitement.  I gave him a pat and a kiss and told him that I'm going to make his milk first.  I changed his pyjamas (he was wearing full bodysuit) into a t-shirt and also changed his diapers.  Fed him and burped him.  After burping him, he was squirming a little and was making some funny noise (usually only hear it if he's pooping).  So, I put him down on his rocking chair and true enough he started pooping.  By the way, he did not poop for the last 2 days which I was getting a bit worried ! I thought babies must poop everyday!! Anyway, since he pooped this morning I can put that behind me.  Anyway, back to the poop... what a major drama this morning!  As usual, I will give him plenty of time to finish off his business as both papa and I had learnt many lessons during the first month where we cleaned him half way he decided to give us a major finale by exploding balance of his poo onto us or after cleaning just when we were about to put on fresh new diapers he decided to pee which we called it the double whammy! So, after he had done his business I will start to prepare the changing station by putting out the new diaper and pull out lots of wet tissues so that it's easier for me to take.  So I carried him onto the changing station and noticed a little bit of the poo had leaked out on his back and dirty the swaddle.  When I opened the diaper I knew it's going to be messy but this morning was the first time it was soooooooo messy! I think while I was moving him from the chair to the changing station the poo leaked even more up his back and after a few wipes I knew it's going no where because my left hand was stuck holding up his legs, while I'm only relying on my right hand to do the necessary cleaning.  So I decided to wrap up the dirty diaper and gave him a bath instead.   With all that commotion going on papa woke up to help fill up the bath tub with warm water.  While we were waiting for the bath tub to be filled up he conveniently pee onto the changing station.  I bathed him while papa cleaned up the changing station.  After all that, I took him to the garden for a walk and by 10.45am I put him down on his crib for his morning nap as he started to be a bit cranky and drowsy.  While papa still have time before leaving for work, I quickly freshen up and took my shower.  Usually, he will be asleep by the time I'm done but not today.  He was still struggling to fall asleep.  By 11.30am he started to be really cranky so I decided feed him his milk as it was time anyway and again he fell asleep before he could finish his milk.

As usual, while he is asleep I will be in front of my computer either on facebook or chatting on msn.  I also did another round of expressing breast milk.  I started writing this blog too.  He woke up around 12.45pm I gave him his pacifier and he manage to fall back asleep.  By 1.30pm just when I wanted to have my lunch he woke up again so I had my lunch in the room while looking at him as he was a bit cranky.  After I finished my lunch I took him out from the crib and put him on his play gym.  I played with him on his play gym and we did some tummy time.  By 2.30pm he was showing signs of hunger so I fed him and burped him.  After being burped I put him on his rocking chair and we had a chat with lots of oohs and ah goos and his favourite "OK".  We also did some reading and by 3.00pm he was showing signs that he's ready for his nap.  I put him in his crib gave him his pacifier and let him soothe himself to sleep.

At 4.00pm he woke up again.  He woke up a bit cranky so I assumed he was not very satisfied with his short nap.  I tried soothing him but failed.  So I took him out and put him on his play gym.  It only lasted till 4.30pm and he started getting cranky again so I fed him and burped him.  He slept again at 5.30pm and woke up at 6.00pm.  I expressed my breast milk first which this round I yield slightly more than 30z and then gave him a bath.  Today papa came home early so he helped to bath Aston too.  After bath, I took him downstairs to say hello and good night to 'yeh yeh' and then fed him at 7.00pm.  We had a short chat after that and he slept at 7.30pm and I had my dinner.

Aston woke up again at 8.30pm and because he wasn't hungry yet we decided to try out the sling that I borrowed from a girlfriend of mine.  We even switched on YouTube but somehow we still couldn't figure out how to use it.  We're planning to use the sling when we attend a wedding dinner in Malacca this coming weekend instead of using the stroller.  As you know seating during the banquet is quite tight and we doubt we can squeeze in our stroller in between us that is why I decided to try out the sling.  Oh well, if the sling fails looks like we have no choice but to use the stroller instead.  Anyway, he started getting cranky after a few attempts of getting him in and out of the sling.  At 9.00pm I fed him again and both papa and I had a chat with him till 9.30pm and we put him to bed for him to soothe himself to sleep.

It is now 10.20pm and Aston is asleep.  Hopefully, he will sleep through the night and is time for me to take my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment